Sunday, October 26, 2014

Back to doing Family History.

Well today is the first time in several weeks that I am working on Family History. I have let life get in the way of looking for my family. Bad thing to do. I understand that life does get in the way but I was wasting my free time doing things of little value. I was not prioritizing or using my time well. That is my confession. Now here is what I am doing to correct my mistake.

I have decided that at home in my apartment is not the place to work on family history. I get distracted on the couch and working at the table in kitchen I get the munchies. So, for working on family history I have chosen to work in the lounge in my apartment complex. This coming week I plan to make to the family library and work on the computer there. 

Ok, here is another confession. I have been a bit apprehensive about family web sites that I am not familiar with and that is one of the reasons of not working on family history. Not a good reason but a reason for delaying family history. During stake conference today, I received a mental reminder that the Holy Ghost will help me understand the truth of all things. That as I search, I will be guided to know if site is one I needed to stay with or get out of. 

The web site which is proving to be very useful is www.werelate.org. Everyone that has posted on this web site gives the sources from which they have found info on family members. It makes it easier to check and verify info in my own search.

No comments:

Post a Comment